Have you ever wondered what on earth we're here for? Does life have any meaning or are we just here on this dirt clod to get the most out of our trip around the sun? We're all searching for something to fill that part of us which deep down inside aches for meaning. The search for significance is a human condition. The lyrics to one of my favorite songs describes the scene, "hoping that he's bent for more than arguments and failed attempts to fly, we were meant to live for so much more have we lost ourselves, somewhere we live inside dreaming about providence and wether mice and men have second tries, maybe we've been living with our eyes half open, maybe we're bent and broken, we we're meant to live for so much more, have we lost ourselves? We want more than this world's got to offer, we want more than the wars of our fathers, everything inside screams for second life."
Don't waste your life was the message I challenged the students at Verbo school with recently as I shared with them the journey that God has me on. God has created us for abundant life and that is a life full of purpose and joy.
2 comments:
What a great question to ask of ourselves. I find that I have to ask that question more than once as times & circumstances change as I journey along. I guess God can use it all for His purposes even if to show others how not to do something. It is always nice to be on the winning team helping to bring victory rather than ruin. Let's pursue victory on God's team as we live our lives. Love you, A Fellow Team Player...
GOD HAS BLESSED ME TO KNOW SOMEONE LIKE MAX WHO WOULD POST A QUESTION LIKE THIS...IT MAKES ME STOP AND THINK...WHAT DOES GOD WANT OF ME? IT IS EXCITING, JOYFUL, AND WONDERFUL; JUST KNOWING HIM! ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER.
Post a Comment