The second time was even more memorable. It certainly wasn't what Renee had in mind for our date, of that much I'm sure. She came out of her room dressed to go out for the evening as I was in her apartment kitchen putting some water in a bowl. I will never forget washing her feet and asking her to marry me...
At sixteen, I probably would have responded more like Peter than I do now. I realize now more than ever that I need Jesus to wash my feet and o how good it feels to be clean and to have fellowship with Him. It was a powerful few moments to sit with these men whom we have now served since May and to be a part of their lives in this special way. We talked about what it's like to have our feet washed and why at times it's so hard to have Jesus serve us. God is using YOU to minister to these pastors and their wives and I'm just blessed to be a part of it all. GO TEAM!
2 comments:
What a great experience for everyone Max. Wish we could have been there too! Much love, Mom
Praise God for such a loving and serving heart as yours! You are a testament of the power of the love of Jesus.
Post a Comment